Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Blogging Return

Welp, I'm back.

Did I miss anything?

Seriously though, I'm thrilled about the DOMA and Prop 8 cases. When the news broke, I was on an Amtrak train in the middle of rural Missouri. I began reading the opinions on my phone and when I told my friends in the next seat over the good news, complete strangers began congratulating us and expressing their excitement as well. For me, it will be a "where were you when you heard?" moment that I'll always remember.

I've been completely away from the blogosphere for the past week, so I'm looking forward to reading some of the reactions, including the bigot reactions of doom. Before I left, I remember hearing some buzz about some threat, signed by a who's who of anti-gay bigots, to disregard any pro-gay Supreme Court ruling regarding marriage. So, like that asinine Manhattan Declaration, this new similar statement/threat/temper tantrum/whatever will be super fun to put into the history folder and look back upon.

Feel free to talk about the cases, reactions to it, or whatever. Comment moderation is restored to regular status.

No comments: