Friday, January 6, 2017

Fan Friday: Hannah Hart

Bonus Friday Insight Into My Life: I sometimes ask my wife what she thinks the Femslash Friday/pop culture post of the week should be. Let's just say that if she had her way, 100% of these posts would be about But I'm a Cheerleader.

I personally think that would be a bit redundant, but I will nonetheless pause to appreciate a good and angsty Clea Duvall character.

[sigh]

Anyway, because I'm currently reading her memoir Buffering, I will also confess that Hannah Hart's YouTube show My Drunk Kitchen amuses me. When I was in college many years ago, a friend and I had a special bond over coming up with, and devouring, the best drunk food creations with whatever college food we had in our cupboard at the moment. Sliced pickles smothered with Thousand Island dressing, snuggled between two heels of white bread? Why not! Scrambled eggs on top of ramen noodles with a dusting of curry powder on top? Yum! Peanut butter spread on Saltines, with molasses drizzled on top? Sure!

Wait. Where are you going, dear readers? Come back!

On a serious note, I relate to quite a bit in Hart's book. Some day, perhaps I'll be able to write more about that. Hart is completely adorbz and, despite some of the experiences she writes about, seems to be not entirely jaded - which is something I struggle with.

Stay awhile and enjoy the vid:

No comments: