Friday, May 5, 2017

Best Friend Friday

Did you know that Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion came out 20 years ago?

I know! I can't believe it either!

In honor, I recently gave the film a re-watch and made my spouse watch it, finally, for the first time ever.  Now, I've decided that we're maybe supposed to think of Romy and Michelle as "dim-witted," as the IMBD summary describes them. But, the movie's deeper message is that most, if not all of us, are actually smart about things that many other people are not, even if society doesn't define our smart things as smart.

For Romy and Michelle, their thing is fashion.

The larger takeaway is this:

If you're not a businesswoman, don't go for some lackluster businesswomen's special when you could instead be dancing to Cyndi Lauper in fab outfits whilst having mild threeway vibes with a millionaire and your BFF.


No comments: